Whats is the Dependent visa and who is elighible to apply?

Your family members (‘dependants’) can travel with you or join you in the UK on a dependant visa. Your family members must obtain the visa before travelling to the UK, unless their personal circumstances mean they have the right to live in the UK without needing a dependant visa.

A ‘dependant’ is any of the following

Family member coming for a short visit

A family member coming to the UK for a short period of time to visit you, family members or friends, can apply for a standard visitor visa. This visa is valid up to 6 months. When filling in the visa application, please select the main reason for your visit as being 'Tourism (including visiting family and friends).

Family member coming to join the main applicant in the UK

Dependants intending to move to the UK to join you, must apply for a dependant visa before travelling. The visa granted will match the end date of your Skilled Worker visa.

Dependants applying from outside the UK?

Normally applications for dependants are submitted at the same time as the main applicant. It is possible for dependant applications to be submitted seperately if your family will join you in the UK at a later date.

They will not require a Certificate of Sponsorship, but each dependant will need to submit an application seperately.

Complete an online application

An online application can be completed for each dependant, selecting a Partner or Child dependant visa application.

Once the application has been submitted, the system will generate a checklist of the required supporting documents that will need to be provided.

Biometric appointment

As part of the application process, you are required to apply for a biometric immigration document, commonly known as a biometric residence permit.

This means each applicant will need to attend an appointment to have their fingerprints and photograph taken at a visa application centre.

The biometric residence permit is only printed within the UK, and this will need to be collected from a designated Post Office within 30 days of when it was indicated they were arriving into the UK.


The visa application fee, Immigration Health (NHS) Surcharge will be paid as part of the online application. Further details can be found on the costs section.

The skilled worker dependent visa is intended for partners and children who have gone to the country on a skilled worker visa or have applied for one.

The Person who is eligible for a Skilled Worker Dependent visa:

As a dependent on a skilled worker visa, you can stay in the UK for a similar period as the skilled worker holder.

How Magnific IT Consulting will help you?

Magnific IT consulting thinks about our client's benefits and long-life relationship with clients. We will suggest to you what is the best for your career.

What we do for your visa application: